Now that I have accomplished my wedding (what an accomplishment that process was, too — I spent a whole lot of energy worrying over that lovely day), I have come up with some new goals for my work and my small private practice. Some of these I had incorporated into my daily routine months before my wedding, but some I have just recently decided I’d like to do. Here are a few:
- Record the new songs I create, even if they are written in session and I’m not sure they’d be applicable elsewhere.
- Attend a bi-monthly instrumental workshop (one I’m planning to attend is a ukelele picking class).
- Incorporate one new, as in current, song at some point throughout each working week.
- Professionally interact in some way each day on the social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Create fact sheets for every condition, illness, syndrome, or disability I encounter for current and future reference.
Most of these particular things I have done to some degree or another, but I feel the need to be more diligent about them. And of course, there are many more needs to fulfill, but those I’ll leave for another list, perhaps.
I’ve taken to use monthly, weekly, and daily checklists, but then let each and every un-checked task haunt me if and when it’s ignored. Any good ideas to help let go of those things that simply did not happen?